Thank you so much to hellomynameistubeless for the One Lovely Blog Award! I started this blog about a year and a half ago when I was getting ready to start my IVF cycles, after many, many years of TTC and 4 failed IUIs. I wanted to document my story for myself and hoped that maybe someone might be able to relate. What I have found is an incredible community of women who I am so thankful for having in my life throughout my journey. I was not expecting this blogging community to be as much of a support group as it has been! Shannon, from hellomynameistubeless, and I have been following one another’s blogs for a very long time, and I just adore her. She has been through so much, yet she always bounces back with smiles and a positive outlook on the future! She also makes incredibly awesome wreaths, as well as does a lot of other fun and crafty things! Check out her etsy shop when you have a chance: https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoshYarnItWreaths Thank you so much for this award!
The criteria for accepting a One Lovely Blog Award are:
- List the rules.
- Thank your nominator.
- List seven (7) facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know you did.
- Display the award logo and follow your nominator.
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I am a total introvert and homebody. I prefer to be by myself, or only with my husband, over anything else (well, except for going to Phish shows with my friends).
2. I am a die-hard Phish fan and have been to almost 100 Phish shows since I was 15 in 1995. I would go to more if I had the money, but I also LOVE live music in general – AND dancing, so some of the money goes to other shows as well. The Grateful Dead is my second favorite band.
3. I had dreadlocks for 5+ years of my life and I miss them everyday.
4. I am an artist-in-medicine and I teach about arts-in-medicine at the University of New Mexico.
5. I try to eat as organically as possible, absolutely love cooking (especially with my husband), and I love to grow my garden!
6. I live at 7000 ft in the mountains of New Mexico and have an incredible 180 degree view from my southern deck, as well as can see further than 100 miles away from the north side of my house. I LOVE New Mexico’s beauty, especially when it has been raining for months. I don’t like dry and hot with no trees, but much of New Mexico, and where I live has rain and snow and green growth. We moved here in 2002, after graduating from Rutgers University in NJ, with plans of staying here for about 2 years. We have been here for 12 years now.
7. I love having pets and aspire to have goats and horses in my future. I have 3 dogs, 3 cats, and 6 chickens.
I am going to pass this award on to my fellow bloggers who have been super supportive of me, as well as inspired me as I have been on this pretty difficult journey. I know that a lot of them have already been nominated, or might not have the time to do this, so please know that I don’t expect you to do a blog post, just know that I think your blog is lovely!